Chennai, August 2017: South India Fashion Awards (SIFA) is the biggest fashion awards in South India that is aimed at acknowledging and awarding the best icons in fashion and related segments across the 4 southern industries. Besides, SIFA will also showcase the design collection from our award-winning designers. SIFA is conceptualized and produced by Ajit Menon Trendz, a leading event, modeling and celebrity management agency, based in Chennai.
Ajit Menon is a choreographer par excellence having been part of the Fashion industry for 2 decades. Ajit is also a model coordinator, grooming specialist, event director and celebrity manager. He has worked with leading national and international brands and designers in his glittering career, doing shows in India and abroad.
Following the event Max, the title sponsor of SIFA launched its Autumn collection by a magnificent fashion show. The collection explores a bouquet of global trends like ‘Peace Army’, ‘Indigo’ and ‘Glam Rock’ with its edgy styling. The collection embodies the free-spirited individuality of the wanderer as one seeks out endless roads to discover oneself.
SIFA is curated by a well informed advisory board consisting of the following personalities:
Ø Ajit Menon – Organizer, SIFA 2017
Ø Aruna R Krishnan – Managing Editor of Ritz, South Scope and Galatta
Ø Chaitanya Rao – Fashion Designer
Ø Vijay Adiraj – Actor, Director, Media Personality
Ø Shanthanu Bhagyaraj – Actor
- Best Runway Model (Female) – Rakshitha
- Best Runway Model (Male) – Atul
- Best Commercial Model (Female) – Pradhayini Sarvothaman
- Best Commercial Model (Male) – Akhil Iyer
- Best Fashion Designer (Men’s Wear) – Vivek Karunakaran
- Best Fashion Designer (Women’s Wear) – Anushree Reddy
- Rising Star Fashion Designer – Shalini James
- Best Fashion Photographer – Venkat Ram
- Best Stylist – Neeraja
- Best Makeup Artist – Ralph Daniel
- Best Hairstylist – Rachel
- Fashion Icon (Female) – Rakul Preet Singh
- Fashion Icon (Male) – Dulquer Salmaan
- Fashion Mentor – Prasad Bidapa
- Special Jury Award – Sohia .M. Joe